Sunday, January 7, 2007

Peace Corps Departure

Dear Friends and Family,

"Well my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..." sings Joan Baez, and the time is now upon me to say goodbye, shed some more tears and head off to Niger. It was so wonderful to see so many of you at the bon voyage party. Having to bid farewell to so many people has definitely made the past few weeks hard, but I will carry all your thoughts, prayers and well wishes with me. I am told that I will not have email access for the first two months, so my next post will not be for a while. By then, I will surely have more information and stories to share!

For those of you who have asked for my address, please send letters to:

Kelly McNicholas
C
orps de la Paix
B. P. 10537

Niamey, Niger

My address may change when I receive my final assignment in three months. I'll keep you posted! Any items should be shipped in padded envelopes rather than boxes as the customs charges will generally be less for me to pay.

Please take care, and thank you again for all your support! Love, Kelly

5 comments:

lindslindsgirl said...

You are cut out for this gig, you're going to be great over ther. Peter and I will be thinking of you so often, espeically during the upcoming months of training, acclimation and just general "newness." Keep your chin up, you're a star!

love, Linds

Pete said...

Kelly,

So excited for you. What a tremendous adventure you are embarking on. Can't wait to read your stories.

Your friend always,
Pete

Tara said...

I am so happy for you that you are fulfilling one of your lifelong dreams. Always know that we are thinking about you...love you cuz

chrissy b said...

Be well and I can't wait to read about all your adventures!

love,
chrissy

Jen said...

Hey Kel! Love the pics-the one of you dancing-I was laughing, thinking that's so Kelly!! Glad to know your safe, healthy and having fun!
Luv ya, miss ya, and always thinking about you!
Luv Jen