Saturday, March 17, 2007

Swearing In Ceremony






















After nine, fun yet sometimes anxious weeks of training, all 36 trainees in the 2007 Ag-NRM stage (french for staging group), swore in as official Peace Corps volunteers after passing the minimum language proficiency requirements to go to our assigned posts. At a ceremony at the U.S. Ambassador, Bernadette Allen's residence, many of us were dressed in traditional garb and were treated to a party with many of Niger's dignataries and their accompanying words of welcome.
(Photo index: Training Manager Yves giving our welcome speech; some friends looking fabulous; full length and head shots of my friend Kelly Pohl and I; all the volunteers in my regional group, Team Konni; Program Director Chris Burns, my friend Heidi, Program Assistant Haoua, and I;

5 comments:

Jo Ann said...

Dearest Kelly:
You look MARVELOUS! Glad to see you looking happy and healthy!an we send you any of that stuff listed in your blog now that you have a mailing address? You are always in our prayers, and, please know, we love you! Jo Ann & Michael McNicholas

me said...

Kelly,

I can't believe how you always manage to look so good regardless of what are your doing or where are you.

Always,

Nellie

Unknown said...

You look lovely and happy.

Morningprayers said...

Kelly,
My name is Judy and I live in Wisconsin. I got your blog info from my aunt, whose daughter and son are both in the Peace Corps now. Please say hello to my cousin Elizabeth (she is in the swearing in photos) for me.
Tell her all of the Flagg family are so proud, and are praying for her and her brother. We will keep you in our prayers also, that God touches each of you with a special joy.

Bill Hon said...

Hey Kelly:
Wow Been a long time
Hopefully this is THE Kelly McNicholas. Alot of stories to tell since Sierra in Jersey. Hope all is well. Drop me an email if you have time.